Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Take on me

I was going to write a lovely post about last week camping, but that will just have to wait as I haven't gotten around to uploading my photo's yet, and I am waiting on Marie, who took more photos than me.

So, I am going to write about something else instead, but of course in true Caroline fashion, I have no clue what I am going to write about just yet.

I am still waiting for that A ha moment. Not A Ha as in the group, although I really do like the video for Take On Me. I remember dancing to this in my living room when I was all of 5 years old – I think I still dance the same now as I did back then – (sorry to disappoint, but the below is not a video of my crazy dancing)



We tried to go dancing on Saturday night for my birthday celebration, but the place we ended up in was not playing the type of music that me and my friends like to dance to, and we were too lazy to go wandering around to find another place. Saturday nights in Portland is not the best dancing night for me – I prefer Fridays.

As the group I was with wasn’t dancing a whole lot, we spent a lot of time people watching.

Oh my goodness was this a great place to do that. I thought my dancing was a little crazy, but mine is normal in comparison to some of what we saw, it was a blast. I am not one to make fun of other people (unless I know them first), but I just couldn’t help it. I just couldn’t take my eyes away from some of these folks. One lass was line dancing to R&B, well I say line dancing, that’s really just the best way of describing it. But you know what, everyone was having so much fun, and at the end of the day, that is what counts.

As Mark Twain said: "Dance like nobody's watching; love like you've never been hurt. Sing like nobody's listening; live like it's heaven on earth."

2 comments:

  1. So that's where that quote came from. I never knew that. Actually I never even knew the entire quote - only the dancing part.

    I enjoy your spontaneous posts. Just start typing and see where it ends up. :)

    I am glad you had such a good time. I would love to see you dance, though. Video, please.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not sure if there's any videos of me dancing... I am pretty sure there is not. If there was I am sure I'd be as famous as the light saber kid, as it would have been bound to have made it on to you tube by now.

    I quite like the spontaneous posts too, they are quite fun, and seem to end up somewhere that I'd never be able to plan out.

    ReplyDelete

Go on, you know you want to...