Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Really?


While trying to do anything but work today, I came across this Mail Goggles

Seriously… what else is google going to start doing for us. Does it realize that it’s a corporation and not our best friend. Friends are there to prevent us from drunk dialing our ex’s or latest crush, they are there to advise us not to send that message, to confiscate our phones when needed. I realize that friends are not always right there when we write that drunken email. But you know what, they are there the next day when we realize what we’ve done, they are there to give us support to deal with the repercussions and to laugh with us about the whole thing.

I think it’s a little silly that google provides us with “Mail Goggles”. I mean don’t get me wrong, if you really have no will power when inebriated or otherwise and need a piece of technology to prevent you from doing something you’d later regret, and you aren’t able to cope with the consequences of making a mistake, then well, I guess this is the thing for you, but what are you going to do when google isn’t there for you…?

7 comments:

  1. Hmm, well, I've known a few occasions at work when people have been very glad that there was a delay on sent items. In fact I remember one day years ago, when the CEO's secretary came rushing down to see me after she had sent an email, intended for a close friend, to everyone in the entire organisation. And could I retrieve it for her please? It's not always drink that's the problem :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So....you are NOT always drunk when you make comments on my stuff? I was giving you the benefit of the doubt. I will watch you closer from now on. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A - you may have a valid point there.

    Max - see, pehraps that's where they should put the drunk checker thing... on comments.

    I have left my fair amount of drunken posts, comments and sent drunk emails... my point is that's my responsibility and my fault, not googles... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh. Ok. Missed your point. But you are wrong. Everything bad is Google's fault. Unless it has something to do with Microsoft. Then is is Bill Gate's fault. Guaranteed.*




    *Disclaimer: not an actual real guarantee.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just for the record, Relax Max did NOT say "This post has been removed by the author." I mean, he removed the duplicate from Caroline's slow page, but he did not say what Google just said he said.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well i could go delete that comment now, just to make you look even more silly... but I won't.

    ReplyDelete

Go on, you know you want to...