Monday, September 29, 2008

Monday

So I am now more than half way through my Monday. I had quite a pleasant weekend, I got some me time (always important), and saw quite a few friends too. However, now its Monday, and my laptop is on the blink again.

Looks like I am going to have to get a re-image. Apparently I am not authorised to shut my own laptop down. Seems quite odd to me, doesn't it realise i can just remove it's power. Which is quite easy, been as I am still waiting on its new battery. Back in May my laptop battery went dead. I ordered a new one. However, would you believe that the factory had a fire, and there was a huge wait list for batteries. One, aparently was shipped out, but I never received it, so I am still waiting on the second ordered one to get to me.

In the meantime, my laptop is not so portable as it could be as everywhere I go, I need to carry around the power cable thing. It's all quite anoying. Then to top it off, I can no longer shut it off, and I get a series of messages that things can not be found everytime I log on.

So if it is truely dead, and there's nothing that can be done, where does it end up? I know that parts can be recycled and put to other uses, but I imagine that unfortunately most of it probably ends up in a landfill, which I find quite frustrating. I found this website that had some good ideas, Ideal bite, including laptop recycling companies.

2 comments:

Go on, you know you want to...