Thursday, June 12, 2008

Happy Days


I’ve seen a couple of people this week that I haven’t seen for a while, and they both commented on how happy I am looking at the moment. It got me to thinking about how different my life is there year compared to last year.

This time last year I was in a job I didn’t like, I was living in suburbia and I was engaged to a guy who drained every ounce of energy I had. I have to say the worst part of those three was the guy. We’d got engaged after only 8 months of dating, which is not something I ever thought of myself doing. To be honest, I felt a little pressured to say yes, I did compromise by giving us a relatively long engagement, however, if I hadn’t have broken things off I’d have been married for a month now.

I'll post later about the idiot boy, it may make an interesting read.

When I think back to last September, which is the month my life started to turnaround, it was a horrid month, but I think that sometimes it takes something bad, or painful to change things.

My life now better than I ever thought it could be. I am doing a job I am really good at, and I feel that I can make a difference, even if its just a small one. The team I work with are a lot of fun, and even though I have only been working with them for about a week, we are able to talk about things openly and get into some really great discussions.

I love my new apartment, and living downtown, although the weather has been quite horrid lately, I still get myself out of the apartment more and walking around downtown, than where I previously lived.

And then, there's the wbf. He makes my life seem so easy. I don't have to pick up after him, as he is very will house trainined, so the house is tidy most of the time. I can go home and talk about my day at work with him, and he does the same, but its not a tiring experience. We also love each other so much. Sickenly so at times, but it makes me happy. He makes me smile!

I just feel so darn lucky to be me right now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on, you know you want to...