How I didn't think to write about this yesterday when I was rambling about the meaning of my name I'll never know. It makes me chuckle even more at the meaning manly. You'll be pleased to know that my parents did not spend hours reading baby name books, looking for a name they could call there little baby girl. Instead they decided if it was a boy it would be James (after my father). Its a tradition in England to names boys after there fathers. We have 4 Billy's in our family for that very reason, Granddad Billy, Uncle Billy, Cousin Billy and Baby Billy (what I'll call baby billy when he is no longer a baby I do not know, maybe it will end up sticking).
Anyways, back to me, in the case that I was to be a girl, my mum quite liked Caitlyn, however my dad got the final vote for some reason. He quite liked the look of Caroline Munro. I don't think it was so much the name he like the look of as it was her herself, but that's where it comes from.
If you are unfamilar with who she is, as I was until a year or two ago. Here's some information, and more importantly, a picture. I think my dad saw her on Lambs Rum Commercial as she was there poster child for 10 years or so. Caroline Munro is a British actress and model best known for her many appearances in science fiction and action films of the 1970 and 1980. As you can see from the picture, there's nothing manly about her.
Now to the Meme. I actually will admit that I didn't know what Meme meant, so I had to google it. So incase you, like me are ingnorant to its meaning, heres a quick definition: A meme (pronounced /miːm or mɛm/) consists of any unit of cultural information, such as a practice or idea, that gets transmitted verbally or by repeated action from one mind to another.
Here are the rules of the game that I cut and pasted from Max's most wonderfull blog, which he then took from Canucklehead's parody of a blog:
1. Each player starts with 8 random facts/habits about themselves.
2. People who are tagged, write a blog post about their own 8 random things, and post these rules.
3. At the end of your post you need to tag 8 people and include their names.
4. Don’t forget to leave them a comment on their blog and tell them they’ve been tagged, and to come back and read your blog for the whole story.
So here they are, all 8 of them:
- I have a closet FFXI addiction. Its true I really do. Many of my RL friends are not aware of this.
- I've lived in 3 continents. My definition of living in a place, consists of me going to the cinema there. Europe, Austrailisa and North America
- I do not drive, I have never have, I don't have a license. This means that I am always the Designated Drunkard
- My happiest moment was when my little brother was born. He was so cute. Now he's a horrid teenager. Just kidding squadge, I love you!
- I have no middle name.
- One of the things I have done that I am most proud of, was to speak about equal rights in the workplace for Gay, Lesbian, Bi-sexual and Transgender peeps, in Washington DC last year. It was an incredible experience.
- I met Alan Shearer at Newcastle airport before they played Southend a few years back, and I was such a goof, I had no clue what to say to him, I was well and truely star struck.
- My favourite job ever was working in a video rental store, I got to watch movies all day, and has they had an off-license attached I got discounted booze! woo hoo!
So heres whom I am tagging: Leroy Brown Tangeryne
i'll add more later got to go for now