Sunday, October 2, 2011

Lazy weekends, a thing of the past?

I don't know what it is about my weekends of late, but they seem to fly by so quickly.  Jam packed with all sorts of things, leaving little time for those lazy Saturdays or lazy Sundays.

This weekend was spent with my friends girls, meeting up with my cousin from the UK, who is over here visiting a gentleman fellow.  Catching up with my husband who I hadn't seen for a week.  Working on the house, shopping for the house, visiting with a friend, and goodness knows what else.

Now its a little after 5pm, and I am finally sitting down, with a cup of tea and pondering what the week is going to bring.  I should really check my work email, but I feel so content and happy that I don't want to spoil it.  It will all still be there tomorrow after all.

So, these days, although my weekends are full and busy, I can't help but notice, by the time Sunday evening comes around, I feel relaxed and content.   I don't feel the need to have a lazy day.

Now, I am making Shepard's pie, and will soon be sitting down to dinner.  Next on the list, its time for me to start reading up on my garden.  So many things out there, that I have no idea how to take care of, and I need to start soon, otherwise everything will be dead.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on, you know you want to...